Gmail is one of the maximum popular e-mail services in the world and many of us use it for non-public and expert verbal exchange. Due to the steady use of Gmail for various purposes, our Gmail inboxes can replenish with a large collection of emails, making it hard to manage successfully. If you want to export your Gmail inbox to PC/computer/hard power and many others then this weblog can be helpful for you.
How do I export Gmail inbox? Well, there are numerous approaches to exporting messages from Gmail inbox to local force. The first element you may do is open a single email to your Gmail inbox and download it to your machine as an EML report. Another alternative is to open a single Gmail e-mail, press Ctrl P and save it as a PDF record. Therefore, this device allows users to export emails from Gmail inboxes.
Now allow's move directly to gaining knowledge of those techniques. But first, customers want to read a section that explains why it is important to export Gmail mailboxes.
Why have to you export emails out of your Gmail inbox?
Find out the motives and discover ways to export messages from Gmail inbox, due to the fact the facts is very vital and we cannot danger dropping it. There are several motives why you may want to export your Gmail inbox.
Data Security: It is better to backup Gmail emails to USB/PC/PC etc. to protect you from various cyber threats. This prevents unauthorized access to your Gmail inboxes.
Backup: Backing up your email ensures you don't lose important information in the event of accidental deletion or account issues. Therefore, you must download your Gmail emails to view them offline.
Migration: After switching to a new email provider, you can export your Gmail inbox and then import it into your new account.
Archiving: If you need to retain a copy of your emails for legal or compliance reasons, you can protect them by exporting them.
Organization: Exporting email messages can help you clean up your inbox and organize messages more efficiently.
Now that you understand the importance of exporting Gmail inbox, let's see how to do it:
Methods to Export Gmail Inbox Folder on Computer
In this section, we will discuss three methods. Manual steps to export the emails from your Gmail inbox. to a computer/PC/hard drive etc. All methods are relevant in their place. We offer you various solutions that you can choose depending on your needs.
Method 1: Using Receive Mail
Gmail provides a convenient way to export Gmail emails to EML using the built-in export feature. Find out how to do it.
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Open the email or select the messages you want to export.
- Click the “More” button. i.e., at three vertical points.
- Select “Receive Message” from the drop-down menu.
- After clicking, the email file with the .eml extension will be downloaded.
Note: Can only be viewed using an email client application on your computer such as Microsoft Outlook, Apple Mail, Thunderbird, etc.
Method 2. How to use Google Takeout
Google Takeout is a built-in feature of Google that allows you to download data from various Google services, including Gmail. Let's look at the steps you can follow to export Gmail to MBOX file format.
- Follow this link for takeaway.Google.com.
- If you aren't Logged in then Log in to your Google account.
- Scroll down and find the “Deselect All” button. Then simply select “Mail”.
- Click All Email Data and select the Inbox folder or another desired folder.
- Adjust the export settings to your needs, e.g. File format (ZIP or TGZ), delivery method, and frequency.
- When finished, click the Create Export button to begin.
Google begins creating an archive of the selected Gmail data. When the archive is ready, you will receive an email notification with a download link. Depending on the size of your Gmail data, it may take 2-3 days.
After receiving the link to manually download emails from Gmail, Simply click the link to export to your computer.
Method 3. Export Inbox to Outlook
You can also export Gmail to PST files using Microsoft Outlook. Follow the steps below to do it right:
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
- Click File and then select Add Account.
- Enter your Gmail email address and follow the instructions to sign in and set up your Gmail account.
- After you add your Gmail account to Outlook, it will start syncing your Gmail emails.
- Then reopen Outlook and go to the File tab.
- Next, download the entire Gmail inbox in PST file format using the import and export feature.
Limitations of manual methods
- Setting up Gmail in Outlook requires many steps and takes a long time.
- These methods are not suitable for non-technical users.
- You can only export one email from your Gmail inbox at a time.
- Risk of error during configuration.
- You may not have backed up all of your data properly or some of your data may be lost.
- You can only export your Gmail inbox in some formats.
A quick and easy way to export emails directly from your Gmail inbox.
Download GainTools Gmail backup tool can help you overcome the above challenges. This is an easy approach to backup Gmail emails with attachments and also saves time and effort. This tool allows users to easily select selected folders and emails to export. You also get multiple options to bulk download Gmail emails to a computer/hard drive/PC etc. The best thing about this tool is that you will not lose any data during the entire process as it has high security and protection offers. The tool also preserves email formatting and folder structure before and after the backup process.
In the following article, we have discussed various approaches to exporting your Gmail inbox to your local drive. You may have seen manual and professional solutions, but we found that the manual approach is time-consuming and requires the precise execution of multiple steps. However, there is an approach that can overcome all the challenges associated with manual solutions and deliver 100% secure results. We highly recommend this tool to meet all your Gmail backup needs.